LUSITANIA II Supercomputer
Since the end of 2015, Extremadura has the LUSITANIA II Supercomputer, which significantly increases the computational resources offered by COMPUTAEX, reaching a computing power of 25.05 Teraflops, thus considerably increasing the power offered with the first LUSITANIA Supercomputer.
Please, visit the following link in order to request supercomputing resources and services.
Technical specifications of LUSITANIA II Supercomputer are described below:
Shared memory node
- 1 Primergy RX4770 M2 with 4 Intel Xeon E7-4830v3 processors, 12 cores per processor, 2,1GHz, 30 MB Cache (48 cores), 1,5 TB DDR4 RAM, 4 power sources and 300GB SAS disks.
Distributed memory cluster
- 10 chasis Fujitsu Primergy CX400 containing up to four server nodes.
- 40 Fujitsu Primergy CX2550 servers with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2660v3 processors, 10 cores per processor, 2,6GHz (20 cores per node, 800 cores) and 25 MB cache, with 80 GB RAM and 2 128 GB SSD disks.
- 3 Fujitsu Primergy RX2530 M1 servers, with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 processors per server (6 cores 2,4GHz and 15 MB cach); 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 300 GB SAS disks.
- 2 Fujitsu Primergy RX2530 M1 servers with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 processors (6 cores 2,4GHz and 15 MB cache); 64GB DDR4 RAM and 2 300GB SAS disks.
- Metadata cabinet (MDT) Eternus DX 200 S3 (15 900GB SAS disks) = 12 TB.
- 2 Fujitsu Primergy RX2530 M1 servers with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 processors (6 cores 2,4GHz and 15 MB cache); 64GB DDR4 RAM and 2 300GB SAS disks for metadata management with Lustre.
- Data cabinet (OST) Eternus DX 200 (41 NL-SAS disks of 2TB) = 82 TB.
- 2 Fujitsu Primergy RX2530 M1 servers with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 processors (6 cores 2,4GHz and 15 MB cache); 64GB DDR4 RAM, 2 300GB SAS disks for object management with Lustre.
Supercomputer connectivity to the outside is solve through a connection of up to 10 Gbps with Extremadura Scientific-Technological Network, connecting main cities and technology centers in the region. CénitS is also interconnected with RedIRIS and the GÉANT European network.
Internally, service and computation infrastructure is structured on:
- 1 Fortinet Fortigate 3810A firewall for perimeter security, with up to 10Gbps connections, firewall capability, VPN, antivirus, intrusion detection and bandwidth management.
- 3 Brocade ICX6430 switches with 48 ports and a Brocade ICX6430 switch with 24 ports for the management and communication network.
- 3 InfiniBand Mellanox IS5030 switches with 36 QDR ports 40Gbps for the computer network.￼
This project (FCYA10-1E-157) is co-financed by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, through the subprogram of Scientific-Technological Infrastructure Projects (2010-2011), from Spanish National Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation, 2008-2011.